Interview with Xavier Prabhu, Founder of PR HUB India.
How would you characterize the PR business in your country/region? Have there been any significant changes in the past few years?
- outbound work out of India is likely to leap as Indian companies go global with a vengeance acquiring and establishing presence in markets overseas; infact this will change the contours since it then positions India not as a market for local PR services but a market where global PR itself originates;
- more and more maturing of the local industry with the processes and systems getting more aligned to the global ones;
- increased footprint of the large global players in India and most large and medium firms getting aligned to some global network or the other over a period of time;
- the large global players unless they grow inorganically cannot dominate the marketplace in India for some time to come due to variety of reasons;
- there will be some attempts at vertical focus though it has not been a successful model in India;
- the fee levels will raise in India to global levels or at least closer to it. Read more