GlobalCom PR Network is starting an interview series featuring twenty of its more than 45 international PR consultants, discussing current PR trends and general local differences in PR practices from Tokyo to Stockholm, from Bangalore to Sofia and from Paris to Beijing.
Do you know…
- In which regions blogger relations and Facebook initiatives have become at least as important as media relations and where print media still dominating?
- How to intelligently combine social media practices with traditional PR activities in markets where both traditional and social media are still in a balance?
- Where phone conferences work for announcements and press briefings in multiple countries and where they turn out to be a waste of time?
- Why Bulgarian journalists would never ask questions in press conferences and why “off the record comments” are not a good idea in Italy?
- You should avoid PR initiatives in June and July in Scandinavia and from mid January to mid February in China?
- What to expect from a Russian client dinner and why you should avoid a Swedish dish called Surströmming?
The local PR experts of GlobalCom PR Network explain what common mistakes international companies often make in their respective region and how they can avoid these mistakes by bridging the regional and cultural gaps. The public relations firms also give an insight into current trends and successful projects or practices in their counties.
Watch out for the first interview with French PR expert Sandra Labérenne on Thursday October 21st and learn why you have to think French in order to do successful PR in France, how to get time challenged journalists to take time for a product launch event, get to know the leading blogger nation in Europe and the difference in Northern and Southern European punctuality.
The GlobalCom blog will feature the interview series about multi-country PR every Thursday starting next week.
Fore more information or if you are interested in featuring the series on global PR please contact Wibke Sonderkamp at GlobalCom PR-Network Germany (Wibke@gcpr.net) or Liz Swenton at March Communications, GlobalCom partner in the U.S.A. (Liz@Marchpr.com).
Our page about international PR explains in more detail how international PR campaigns work, why companies looking to simultaneously target multiple countries could benefit from this and what are some details to keep in mind when running campaigns across the globe.