Traditional marketing tactics are geared towards achieving short-term objectives. Although direct mail and billboard advertising can bring in new customers quickly, they don’t have the staying power to produce a steady stream of qualified leads.
The dynamics of marketing are constantly evolving over the years. The advancement in technology has made customer relationship management systems (CRMs) and social media marketing more effective. Data analysis helps marketers make better decisions.
Understanding customer needs and preferences help make informed and effective marketing strategies. The invention of tools that aids market research helps prevent wasteful spending of marketing budgets.
Important Marketing Structures For Modern Technology
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): This is perhaps the most important tool for a marketing team. It aids the communication process between the brand/company and customers. With CRM, companies will have user data analysed and integrated to make informed decisions. Examples of CRM, Really Simple Systems CRM, Pipedrive, Zoho, Insightly, Nutshell.
- Social Media: Companies these days all promote their goods or services on various social media platforms. You’re not maximising your company’s marketing potentials if you are not promoting your services or goods on social media. Facebook boosts of advertising audience of 2.14 billion (huge right?). Also, it is estimated that most Americans are exposed to 4000 to 10,000 ads per day.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Marketers all over the world take SEO rankings for content marketing as a significant issue. Google today is a search engine used by millions to search on products, services, and other areas of interest. To get quick and easily available customers, over 70% of companies across the world have deployed strategies that would increase their SEO ranking and eventually boost their content marketing.
Nonetheless, most content marketers find it difficult to understand the SEO concept and what works to increase its ranking. Most times, marketers follow the ever-changing guidelines and directions to ranking SEO by Google. There is no better or lesser way to rank your SEO but with a few adjustments of your SEO standards, your content marketing can be boasted. Here are some ideas:
- Apply SEO keywords to your content marketing.
- Delete all duplicate versions or pages of your content marketing.
- Modify your URL.
- Make strong, original, and best quality content.
- Lead Capture and Conversion: This is the process in which a company collects prospective customers’ information and the process of conversion entails convincing these prospective customers to buy your products. Landing pages, chart bots, pop-ups, etc are all strategies for lead capture.
- Team Communication and Collaboration: Marketing experts are needed to fill these positions.
Important Marketing Tools
- HubSpot CRM
- Google Keywords Planner
- Facebook Events
- Convert flow
- Google optimize
- Google analytics
It’s critical to execute a marketing plan that will help you develop a good reputation and establish strong relationships with your customers if you want to be competitive in the long run. One of the most important ways of marketing for achieving long-term results is content marketing (SEO), Social media influencers, YouTube ads, etc..
“Technology Application in Modern Marketing” by Alan Jones.